Back to News
How to access GP advice
Posted on 15 Sep 2020
We are open and if you need to see your GP, please ring us on 01509 508412 or visit our website at www.foresthousesurgeryshepshed.co.uk – our opening hours are 8.30-6.30.
Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment.
Key patient messaging
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-face contact where possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus
• Face-to-face appointments are available to all of our patients, but you may be asked to discuss your conditions over the phone or online first to assess what would be most appropriate for you
• In addition to face-to-face consultations, we are offering consultations over the phone. This can be a convenient and flexible way to receive healthcare.
Four ways to seek healthcare advice from a GP
• Call us to book a telephone appointment. You will only be asked to come to the surgery if the doctor feels that you need a face-face appointment.
• Visit our surgery website and complete a confidential online form to receive a response within two working days.
• Call NHS 111 or go online to seek advice https://111.nhs.uk/
• Download the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions, book appointments and check your symptoms.